Questions about Registering to Use the Portal:
- What is the MyHealthETeam Portal?
- Who can sign up to use the Portal?
- What if I’m a patient in more than one FMH outpatient practice?
- How secure is my information?
- What if the Portal does not recognize me as a patient?
- What is a PIN number and how do I get one?
- What if 30 days passes and my PIN expires before I can register?
- What it I don’t have an e-mail account?
- What do I need to do if my e-mail address changes?
- How do I cancel my MyHealthETeam account?
Questions about Using the Portal:
- What if I forget my password?
- What if my e-mail address has changed?
- What do I do if my notifications from the Portal keep landing in my Spam, Junk or Bulk folders?
- What if some of the information in my record is incorrect?
- How will I know if I have a message from the office waiting for me at MyHealthETeam?
- How long do I have to retrieve the message?
- How long will I have to wait for a reply message from the office?
- Why can’t I e-mail a question to my doctor or nurse practitioner?
- Who can see the messages that I send using the Portal?
1. The MyHealthETeam Portal is a web-based service that allows secure communication about non-urgent healthcare matters between patients and providers or staff in the outpatient practices at FMH. We hope that this service will provide our patients with a convenient alternative for taking care of common tasks like requesting appointments, medication refills, referrals and more. We are also looking forward to using this as a way to notify Portal users about upcoming events in our practices and to provide access to reliable health information.
2. Active ADULT patients in the outpatient practices of Frisbie Memorial Hospital can register to use the MyHealthETeam Portal. For a list of these practices, please return to the Frisbie Portal Home Page. At this time we will be restricting use to those patients who are age 18 or older. In the future, we hope to be able to offer parents the ability to set up Portal accounts for their children, as well.
3. If you are a patient in more than one of these practices, you will only have to “Register” as a Portal user once. However, the first time that you enter the site for each of the practices where you are a patient, you will be asked to “verify” your identity with a PIN. You can use the same PIN for all the practices, if it was issued in the last month.
4. MyHealthETeam uses highly secure automatic encryption software to process your sessions on the Portal. Unlike your home e-mail account, all of your messages on the Portal are created and transmitted in an internal secure database behind a firewall at Frisbie Memorial Hospital. This helps to ensure that messages cannot be intercepted or tampered with in any way. The technology department at the Hospital runs regularly scheduled security checks to make sure that this technology is working properly.
To further ensure the security of your information, the system has you establish your own User ID, password and security questions. Additionally, you are the only person who can go to the Portal to change the e-mail address where you receive message notifications. The effectiveness of this piece depends on your keeping these personal identification pieces in a secure place and not sharing them with other individuals.
5. If the Portal does not recognize you as a patient, if may be because you are registered with a different name at our practice. This can happen sometimes if you use a nickname, or have married or divorced. The system requires this matching to help keep your health information safe. Contact the office for help with this.
6. The system requires that a PIN number be entered to “verify” your identity prior to accessing any of your personal health information. You will only have to enter this number the first time that you enter each practice website. This number will be provided to you in the medical practice(s) where you are a patient after you have presented a photo ID. This PIN number must be used to verify your identity on the Portal within 1 month or it will automatically expire. If this happens, please call the office to determine how to obtain another one.
7. Your PIN can be reactivated by staff in the office if it expires. Contact the office and we’ll be happy to help.
8. Your personal e-mail account is where MyHealthETeam will send a notification when you have a message waiting on the Portal. If you have internet access through home, a local library, etc, you an establish a FREE e-mail account by going to Yahoo!Mail, Microsoft Hotmail or Google Mail.
9. If you have established a MyHealthETeam Portal account and your e-mail address changes, you will need to use your User ID and password to log on to the Portal. Just click the “Change my E-mail Address” link and it will take you to the correct form. Be sure to check that there are no errors in the address that you entered when the system shows you the success message.
10. If you would like to cancel your account at MyHealthETeam for whatever reason, please click “contact us” and enter your request. If you feel comfortable sharing the reason why that would help us to address any concerns and improve the service.
11. Your private User ID, password and security question answers are how the Portal helps to keep your information secure. If you forget your User ID, please click “contact us” to let us know and we will help you access your account. If you forgot your password, please click “I forgot my password”. You will enter the “Reset my Password” page where you will be asked to provide the answers to the security questions that you established during enrollment. If you enter the same answers, an e-mail will be sent to you with a temporary password. The Portal will ask you to create a new password after you log in that first time with the temporary password. The system will send a notice that your password has been changed to your e-mail account.
12. If you have established a MyHealthETeam Portal account and your e-mail address changes, you will need to use your User ID and password to log on to the Portal. Just click the “Change my E-mail Address” link and it will take you to the correct form. Be sure to check that there are no errors in the address that you entered when the system shows you the success message.
13. You may need to change a setting in your e-mail security so that the MyHealthETeam notifications don’t get stuck in your SPAM filter. AOL: may send them to your SPAM folder. Add myhealtheteam.com to your AOL “address book”. Google mail: may send your our e-mail to your SPAM folder. Add myhealtheteam.com to your “contact list”. Microsoft Hotmail: may send to your Junk e-mail folder. Add myhealtheteam.com to your “safe list”. Yahoo!Mail: may send to your SPAM or bulk e-mail folder. Add myhealtheteam.com to your “address book”. Microsoft Outlook: sends SPAM to your Junk E-mail folder. Add myhealtheteam.com to “safe senders”.
14. We have provided you with links to forms that you can use to let us know when there is information about your insurance, contact information, medications, allergies or immunizations that needs to be updated. You can complete these forms on the Portal and send them to us via secure message so that we can make the changes. Thank you, in advance, for helping us make sure that the medical information in your chart is as accurate as possible.
15. MyHealtheteam will send an e-mail to the address that you have entered in your account on the Portal when you have a message from your healthcare team waiting in your inbox. The message will not contain any personal health information. There will be link to your inbox in the message to make it quick and easy to go to the site, log in and retrieve it.
16. Your message from our office will sit in your inbox on the Portal until you choose to delete it or cancel your account on MyHealthETeam. You may feel comfortable deleting many messages, but choose to leave items with specific information, such as lab results or an immunization record, so that you an access them in the future.
17. In most cases, you should expect a response within 2 business days. The Portal is designed for communication of non-urgent requests to your healthcare team. Occasionally, requests made while your provider is out of the office may take longer.
If you are communicating urgent information or would like a request (with the exception of a “sick visit” request) to be processed in less than 2 business days, please call the office. If you are having a medical emergency, PLEASE CALL 911.
18. We are unable to offer secure e-mailing of questions to your provider at this time. Your physician or nurse practitioner may decide that we can offer this in the future, as we get used to this new way of communicating with our patients.
19. Only authorized members of your healthcare team are able to see the secure messages that you send via the Portal. Many of them will be delivered to your provider after they have been processed by another team member.
Do you have a question that is not answered here?
Please click “contact us” to secure message your question or call the office.